LIVE MUSIC BOTH DAYS AT OUR MAIN MUSIC STAGE AT URSULINES AVENUE BETWEEN DECATUR AND N. PETERS (BY FRENCH MARKET ARCH)
Saturday, June 8th CAJUN-ZYDECO MUSIC PROGRAMMED BY THE LOUISIANA CAJUN-ZYDECO FESTIVAL
10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Jonno
12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m Babineaux Sisters
2:30 to 4:00 p.m. Ganey Arsement
4:30 to 6:00 p.m Sean Ardoin & Zydekool
JOIN ME ADRIAN LONG ON SUNDAY JUNE 9TH OF THE FEST HOSTING THE VERY FIRST EVER "WYLD SOUL STAGE" WITH FREE LIVE PERFORMACES BY :GINA BROWN, ERICA FALLS AND ASHLEY RENAY
Gina Brown Link http://www.ginabrownonline.com/
Check Erica Falls out on youtube
Ashley's link: http://www.youtube.com/user/missashleyrenay
Sunday, June 9th: Soul Stage with WYLD 98.5FM’s Adrian Long featuring local jazz, brass bands, and R&B music by
10 a.m. Music Street Jazz Band
11:a.m KWL Steppers
12 noon Red Hot Brass Band
1:15-2:00 Ashley Renay
2:15-3:15 p.m. Erica Falls
3:30-5:00 p.m. Gina Brown
5:15-6:00 p.m. Lagniappe Brass Band
- Fresh Creole Tomatoes and other seasonal produce will be sold by visiting local farmers at the Farmers Market.
- Cooking demonstrations will conducted by local chefs hourly 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Festival food booths and Farmers Market eateries will feature special Creole tomato dishes for the weekend.
- Indoor/outdoor children’s activities include: miniature golf, circus arts & craft-making, storytelling, swing dance lessons, face painting & live local music
- Main music stage will feature Louisana Cajun-Zydeco Festival performers on Saturday 6/8 and local R&B artists hosted by WYLD-FM on Sunday 6/9.
- Brass bands will play on the hour and move throughout the French Market District on Sunday, June 9th.
- Shoppers who spend $30 in our retail shops will receive a complimentary box of Creole Tomatoes from George’s Produce.
- Free tomato samples will be given out at several stations throughout the festival.
- 5,000 free tomato fans will be given out throughout the weekend.
- Souvenir t-shirts, tanks, aprons & hats will be sold at 2 locations.
- Volunteers from Liberty Bank, Iberia Bank, and Children’s Hospital will be on-site manning concession booths, children’s activities, tomato sample stations, and souvenir stands.
- “Caps for Kids” is our official partner for the Caps for Kids Cool Zone in Dutch Alley; all proceeds from Dutch Alley concessions go to Caps for Kids program.
- Parking is conveniently located along the River in the French Market District and in two FMC operated lots at Esplanade and Elysian Fields. Riverside streetcar use is encouraged, with 3 nearby stops.
A full schedule of events will be posted to www.frenchmarket.org soon.